- Report: Report the matter to the police immediately.
- Notify: Contact your suppliers, vendors and partners to notify them of the incident.
- Inform: If your customer or client details have been compromised, tell them. If someone has contacted them as a ‘representative’ then this is a strong indicator that this has happened.
- Retain: Keep a record of all correspondence relating to the corporate ID fraud. You may need it to protect yourself and for any criminal investigations on your behalf.
- Learn: If you had a risk management policy in place, review it. If you didn’t, then get one.
- Prevent: Protect yourself moving forward. Take the necessary steps to mitigate your business from future risk. Click here for Prevention Advice.